I keep having to remind myself that it’s the lionesses that do the hunting and killing and get their faces soaked in blood I mean is there a more badass animal
the king of the jungle
in the second it’s like ‘maybe if I look away she’ll stop yelling at me’
I TOLD YO BITCH ASS TO PICK UP THE CUBS
Its the alpha
When Lions fight they try to look big and powerful to scare off the opponent.
When Lionesses fight, it’s to the death,
And I think that pretty much sums up the difference between males and females. One tries to big itself up, one won’t back down.
More facts about lions if you’re interested:
- Lions are the only cat species to live in social groups naturally
- A pride of lions is comprised of related females with either one or two males
- When the male(s) can no longer defend the pride from younger males, they are driven off & usually don’t live very long afterwards. The new male(s) kill any cubs in the pride so that the females will come into season so the new male can pass along his genes.
- The females do the hunting, but everyone - males and cubs - share in the kill. The cubs are the last to eat.
- Males cubs reach maturity around 2 years of age and are run off from the pride. This prevents inbreeding between related individuals.